Standard homeowners’ insurance does not provide coverage for damages related to flooding. It’s also imperative to understand the risk involved with flooding and weigh your insurance options to ensure that your home in Matthews, NC is fully protected.
Many residents of Matthews, NC assume that all-natural perils get covered by insurance, but this is not applicable when dealing with floods. Homeowners require to purchase separate flood insurance to cushion them from flood water damage. If you are designated in a flood-prone area or suspect that you live in a flood zone, it’s vital to buy insurance as early as possible because most flood covers come with 30 days waiting period. At JC Demo Insurance Group, we highly recommend homeowners in Matthews NC to purchase an additional separate flood insurance policy to cushion them when this natural disaster strikes.
What is covered by floods insurance?
The National Flood Insurance Program(NFIP) is responsible for providing flood insurance to many US residents. Though (NFIP) is owned and controlled by the federal government; you can buy a flood insurance cover through our JC Demo Insurance Group agents. Flood insurance covers the following damages according to NFIP:
- Water heater, heat pumps, and central air conditioners.
- Permanently installed carpets.
- Staircases, anchorage systems, and foundation walls.
- Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases, and cabinets.
- Detached garage.
- Solar energy equipment, fuel tanks, and well water tanks.
- Appliances like refrigerators, inbuilt appliances like dishwashers, dryers, and washing machines.
- Personal property like clothing, furniture, and electronics.
What is not covered by flood insurance?
Flood insurance covers damages that are primarily caused by flooding water. It is also crucial to put into account that the cause of flooding determines coverage. For instance, damages resulting from a sewer backup get covered if only the insurance company establishes that the back up resulted from direct flooding. According to NFIP, the following kinds of damages are not covered by flood insurance:
- Damages resulting from moisture, mold, and mildew.
- Damages as a result of earth movement.
- Additional living expenses like temporary housing, building undergoing repairs, and an unoccupied house.
- Property and possession outside an insured building like fences, hot tubs, patios, swimming pools, and septic systems.
- Valuable papers, currency, and precious metals.
Are you a homeowner suspecting to be living in a flood-prone area in Matthews, NC? Feel free to call or visit our JC Demo Insurance Group offices for all your insurance requirements.