Your new commercial venture in the Matthews, NC area needs the perfect home to ensure your best chances of success. Use this checklist from JC Demo Insurance Group to help you find the perfect property for your new manufacturing, retail, or professional services space.
- Locate the right areas of town on a map. Like other municipalities, the area around Matthews NC is divided into industrial, commercial, and residential spaces. Find out which areas of town are home to businesses like yours. This is the starting point for your search.
- Shop for properties based on the location of your target demographic. For example, an ice cream parlor would do much better in an area that is frequented by families, whereas a craft brewery that focuses on distribution would realize less liability in an industrial area.
- Buy, rent, or lease? Look at your long-term plans, resources, and projected growth rate to decide if you should buy, rent, or lease your commercial property. These choices have an effect on your insurance as well. Talk to your commercial insurance provider to understand the impact of these decisions on your coverages.
- For those who choose to rent or lease, talk to the landlord before touring the property. While the property itself is important, your relationship with the owner will determine your long-term satisfaction to a large degree. Make sure you can form a mutually beneficial working relationship with them before you sign.
- Buyers should use a professional contractor to evaluate potential sites before placing a bid. This ensures you don’t end up buying a piece of property that is contaminated or otherwise compromised.
Your commercial insurance package is directly affected by the location of your business. Contact JC Demo Insurance Group to help understanding how your commercial real estate affects your premiums and payouts.