Commercial Insurance for Trucks

Whether you own one truck that delivers goods to the local area or you have a fleet that distributes supplies throughout the country, you’ll need to have those trucks protected with commercial insurance. Driving a delivery truck or semi-tractor trailer can introduce a variety of dangers to other vehicles on the road. If one of your drivers causes an accident, you should have the appropriate amount of insurance to cover the cost of medical bills, lawyer’s fees, vehicle repairs, and other costly incidentals.

Where Should You Start?

When shopping around for commercial truck insurance, start with independent insurance agents like JC Demo Insurance Group in Matthews, NC. Their professional agents can help provide you with a variety of carriers and insurance options. As experts, they can offer you advice based on your company’s needs, driving radius, and the number of trucks you own.

Types of Coverage

  • General Liability Insurance – protects you from liability claims that may include bodily injury and property damage as a result of an accident.
  • Physical Damage – gives you protection against damages that you may incur because of a collision, theft, or vandalism.
  • Cargo Coverage – protects the cargo you’re hauling that may be damaged or stolen.
  • Non-Trucking Liability – protects you when the driver is operating the truck for personal use.

How Much Coverage Do You Need?

According to the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, businesses must have a specified amount of liability insurance for their trucks depending on their weight. If your commercial truck hauls non-hazardous materials and weights 10,000 or more pounds, then you must maintain a minimum liability of $750,000.

It is important to know what type of coverage you will need for your commercial vehicles. Contact the independent insurance agents in Matthews, NC at JC Demo Insurance Group today to receive information concerning commercial truck policies.