Purchasing car insurance probably isn’t the highlight of your week, but it doesn’t have to be a headache. For residents of Mooresville, NC and the surrounding area, the process might be simpler than you’d expect.
Take the time to stop here and get a live price comparison from some of the top insurance companies, then go from there. Our experienced independent insurance agents would love to talk to you about your coverage options to help you find the best deal. These are some of our top tips to help you save.
1. Don’t settle for minimum coverage.
It might seem illogical to pay more per month for extra coverage, but purchasing insurance beyond required NC liability is really a smart investment that can save you from financial disaster in case of an accident.
2. Know your options.
The following are the most common types of additional protection North Carolina drivers choose to protect their vehicles and the drivers in their family.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Protects you if you’re hit by a driver without adequate insurance to cover your property damage or medical expenses.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for damage to your own property (up to the limits specified by your policy) and for personal injury damages. Minimum liability coverage generally only covers those risks to other drivers with whom you’re involved in an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle that’s not related to an auto accident. Examples include wind or hail damage, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle or personal property inside your vehicle.
3. Read through your policy before signing.
Before you decide on a policy, talk to one of our agents about exactly what it does and doesn’t cover. Make sure you know what your deductibles are, and don’t agree to a deductible higher than you could reasonably pay if you were in an accident. Our agents will take the time to talk to you to make sure you understand what is and isn’t covered, so take advantage of that before you commit to an insurance purchase.